@BuyCPanel_Kevin said: This is absolutely correct!
Proof?
I ask because I think you're wrong.
Whenever I've asked/researched, I've not been able to find any proof that it violates the terms of the cPanel license to stand up a single VM and put cPanel on it.
I've read the cPanel legal agreement (http://ift.tt/1fqaBu2) and virtualization is only mentioned in sections 1.6, 1.20, and 2.6. All it says about virtualization is that it defines the term, cPanel has the right to include data on virtualization in its reporting back to cPanel, and if you have more than one VPS, you need more than one license.
Section 1.20: "Virtual Private Server" means a virtual server operating on a single physical server upon which multiple virtual servers may operate.
Emphasis mine. Before you think I'm being too legalistic...well, this is a legal document, and cPanel can certainly afford good lawyers to write these things. But if you think about it, suppose I had a dedicated server with 4 VPSes and only 1 was licensed for cPanel - that's what 1.20 is talking about.
There is nothing in the cPanel code that checks the type of server. I've stood it up on a dedicated server with a single 16GB OvZ and it worked fine.
If there was such a limitation, cPanel would outline the specifics on their site. Because they'd have to say "a VPS license can't have more than 4GB of RAM" or "a VPS license won't support an OvZ container with more than 4 cpus" or whatever.
Do you have proof that a single VPS on a dedicated server violates cPanel's terms? If so, what are the specifics - what if I create a single 128MB VPS and a 15.5GB VPS? Do I have to have two cPanel-licensed VPSes on a dedicated server? Four? What are the rules?
It's unimaginable to me that cPanel would not cover this in their licensing and marketing materials if it was a violation.
LowEndTalk http://ift.tt/1gGcEPL Need Cpanel For Dedicated Server Web vps hosting server Linux - Windows webvps.blogspot.com
0 comments:
Post a Comment