adssss

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

What does LE* Expect out of a less than 7$ VPS

Web VPS

Serious questions, as I keep seeing threads about it; what does the LE* community honestly expect out of a less than $7 VPS? Each point should cover a specific thing I see bitched about a lot here.



Average Ticket Response Time:
[less than 10 Minutes] [30 Minutes] [1-2 Hours] [Within 24 Hours] [2-3 Days]

Average Ticket Resolution Time:
[30 Minutes] [1-2 Hours] [Within 24 Hours] [2-3 Days] [7 Days]

Host Node Uptime:
[95%] [99%] [99.5% [99.9%] [99.95%] [99.99%] [99.999%] [100%]

Minimum I/O Speed (burst): (HDD + RAID):
[1 MB/sec] [10 MB/sec] [100MB/sec] [200MB/sec] [400MB/sec]

Minimum I/O Speed (burst): (SSD +/- RAID):
[10 MB/sec] [100MB/sec] [200MB/sec] [400MB/sec] [800MB/sec]

Minimum Network Speed (on a 100Mbps NIC):
[1 MB/sec] [2 MB/sec] [4MB/sec] [8MB/sec]

Minimum Network Speed (on a 1000Mbps NIC):
[5 MB/sec] [10MB/sec] [20MB/sec] [40MB/sec] [80MB/sec]

RAM expected at $7 price point: (note: actual dedicated RAM, not OpenVZ/oversold)
[256MB] [384MB] [512MB] [768MB] [1024MB] [1536MB] [2048MB]

HDD expected at $7 price point: (again, actual dedicated HDD, not oversold)
[5G] [10G] [15G] [20G] [30G] [40G] [50G] [100G] [.... more]

SSD expected at $7 price point: (again, actual dedicated SSD, not oversold)
[5G] [10G] [15G] [20G] [30G] [40G] [50G] [100G] [.... more]

I don't quite understand why so many people are complaining when a company takes more than 5 seconds to reply to a ticket, or when a VPS you get from a company doesn't have 800MB/sec burst write speed... Maybe the expectations here at LE* are too high?


Or maybe it's just the sour few who like to complain, hence I figure I'd open this poll-ish thread and see what people actually think. The above [] are just suggested answers, of course if you feel differently than you can answer differently. OpenVZ is applicable too, but only if you count the resources you can actually use (not oversold, "burst" or shared).





LowEndTalk http://ift.tt/LOqbH4 What does LE* Expect out of a less than 7$ VPS Web vps hosting server Linux - Windows webvps.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Alam Perwira